process_gcm_data(gdir, filesuffix='', prcp=None, temp=None, year_range=('1961', '1990'), scale_stddev=True, time_unit=None, calendar=None, source='')¶
Applies the anomaly method to GCM climate data
This function can be applied to any GCM data, if it is provided in a suitable
xarray.DataArray. See Parameter description for format details.
For CESM-LME a specific function
tasks.process_cesm_data()is available which does the preprocessing of the data and subsequently calls this function.
- gdir :
where to write the data
- filesuffix : str
append a suffix to the filename (useful for ensemble experiments).
- prcp :
- monthly total precipitation [mm month-1]Coordinates:lat float64lon float64time: cftime object
- temp :
- monthly temperature [K]Coordinates:lat float64lon float64time cftime object
- year_range : tuple of str
the year range for which you want to compute the anomalies. Default is (‘1961’, ‘1990’)
- scale_stddev : bool
whether or not to scale the temperature standard deviation as well
- time_unit : str
The unit conversion for NetCDF files. It must be adapted to the length of the time series. The default is to choose it ourselves based on the starting year. For example: ‘days since 0850-01-01 00:00:00’
- calendar : str
If you use an exotic calendar (e.g. ‘noleap’)
- source : str
For metadata: the source of the climate data
- Files writen to the glacier directory:
- The monthly GCM climate timeseries stored in a netCDF file.
- gdir :